Brent has experience with commercial litigation, employment law, and immigration. He has worked on a broad range of legal matters from assisting with complex multi-district class action disputes to consulting with small business employers.
Prior to joining Deiss Law, Brent worked at the regional law firm of Jones Waldo Holbrook & McDonough in its Salt Lake City office. He also worked as a producer for KSTU Fox 13 TV in Salt Lake City.
Commercial Litigation: Brent has extensive experience performing all aspects of complex commercial litigation including legal research, drafting pleadings and motions, taking and defending depositions, arguing numerous motions in court, and trying cases.
Employment & Labor: Brent is skilled in developing and presenting information directed at human resource managers regarding the legal implications of an employer’s written policies and practices as well as plans for developing a practical employee handbook; assisting in the development and drafting of employment law summaries for all 50 states to be used by human resource personnel across the country; and advising and litigating non-compete issues.
Brigham Young University, 1999–2002
- J.D., May, 2002
Brigham Young University, 1992–1997
- B.A., Broadcast Journalism, 1997
- Utah Bar Association, 2002-current
- Board Member, Northern Utah Human Resources Association
- Legislative Affairs Director, Society for Human Resources Management
Honors and Awards
- Utah Legal Elite
- 1997 KSL/Earl J. Glade Outstanding Broadcaster Scholarship Recipient
- Cedar Mountain Environmental, Inc. et al. v. Energy Solutions, Inc. et al.: represented local low level radioactive waste disposal company in antitrust action against EnergySolutions.
- Medical Disposal Services v. Stericycle, Inc. et al.: represented local medical waste disposal company in antitrust conspiracy action against Stericycle.
Disclaimer: Sending a message through email or otherwise to Brent, the firm, or any of its attorneys will not create an attorney-client relationship and the contents of such communications will not be treated as confidential. Please do not send time sensitive information without first establishing an attorney-client relationship after signing an engagement agreement with Deiss Law PC.